Presented by Dr. Lisa Aldisert
TTISICON – January 11, 2019
1. Research your client’s industry. What are the trends? What big changes should they anticipate? What jobs will disappear? What are potential jobs of the future?
When you do this, look outside of conventional perspective. For different insights, look at what is happening in different industries and see how these changes will affect those of your clients.
Almost any routine or repetitive job is subject to obsolescence. Your value-added will come in identifying possible new positions.
2. Consult with clients to evaluate the gaps between current and future skills needed. Use your expertise to challenge their thinking!
Your clients may say, “that will never happen to us”, which means that they aren’t being realistic about the future. If they stubbornly refuse to think that change will happen, pick an unrelated industry and brainstorm how things might change.
3. Develop a robust skill development program using TriMetrix® HD or DNA that will position your client ahead of its competition.
Conduct a job benchmarking exercise for a job of the future. To quote Bill Bonnstetter, if that job could talk, what would it say? Use the results of this benchmark as a foundation for future skill development.
4. Schedule initial training with intermittent follow up to reinforce the new skills. Meet regularly with client to assess process and identify additional skill development opportunities.
You need to assess process to see if the direction they’re going still makwa sense once they test drive your ideas. Meeting periodically is one way you stay valuable and relevant.
5. Become a true value-added partner by staying on top of talent development trends for your client.
Once you’ve started the process, be a true value-added partner by bringing insights to your clients’ attention as you see trends or developments that are relevant to them.
On a personal note….
You need to stay ahead of AI and automation, too. Think about what you do that can be replaced, and then run as fast as you can to the next level of service!